The Board of trustees of the New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired is offering five scholarships to blind, vision-impaired, or deaf-blind individuals. The deadline to apply is March 21, 2019.
In short, the five scholarships, all funded by private philanthropists, are the following:
- Nathan & Sally Rogoff Scholarship for Academic Excellence
for a student who has shown academic excellence and dedication to community service, $1,000
- Sarah Churchill Scholarship for Leadership and Community Service
for a student who has shown leadership through meaningful community service, $1,000
- The Caroline Rose Foster Scholarship for Independence and Self-Determination
for “the amelioration of the condition of the blind,” to a student who got to college through self-advocacy and independence, $1,000
- Cathy and Herb Bodensiek Scholarship for Students Majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or Business Administration
to a student majoring in one of these fields, $2,000
- Mary Louise Buckley Scholarship for Students Majoring in Health Services or Communications
to a student majoring in the fields of health services or communications.
The CBVI has posted details of the scholarship on its website.
NJCBVI Scholarship Committee
153 Halsey St., 6th Fl.
Newark, NJ 07101-47017
Attn: Dr. Bernice Davis
We at Advancing Opportunities work to advance the independence of people with all disabilities, enabling them to participate fully in the community.