Career Development Services
Advancing Opportunities is dedicated to building a more diverse workforce. We serve individuals with all types of disabilities who want to participate in the workforce. Our Career Development Specialists take a person-centered approach with the men and women they serve; we help formulate career goals and develop plans for achieving them. Placements are based on an individual’s interests and abilities. Services include:
- Preplacement—Résumé building, networking, job development, interview skills
- Intensive coaching—On-site training, off-site supports, management relations
- Long-term follow along—Ongoing general support, training on new tasks, employer relations
- Other—Vocational evaluations, transition support, transportation training.
Potential funding sources include:
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS)
- Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVI)
- Private Pay—Individuals or families who are not eligible for other funding sources, and are financially able to, may pay for services out of pocket
Advancing Opportunities has maintained CARF Accreditation for the following career services since 2000:
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job Supports
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job-Site Training
For more information about Advancing Opportunities’ Career Development Services, please call 888-322-1918, or e-mail [email protected].