On Friday, June 16, 2017, the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) issued the following reminder and clarification regarding the June 23, 2017, Public Partnerships Enrollment Deadline:
As announced previously, in order to prevent a disruption of services or payment for services, individuals who currently participate in the DDD Self-Directed Employee Option must enroll as the employer of record with Public Partnerships by Friday, June 23.
The only exception to this June 23 deadline is the 90-day extension granted to individuals enrolled in both the PPP (Personal Preference Program, administered by the Division of Disability Services) and the DDD Self-Directed Employee Option. Please contact the Fee-for-Service Help Desk (DDD.FeeForService@dhs.state.nj.us) if you are PPP/DDD dually enrolled and you do not want to use the 90-day extension.
Public Partnerships Enrollment for Individuals/Families Currently Participating in the DDD Self-Directed Employee (SDE) Option:
- Online Enrollment (fastest): Please refer to the Online Enrollment-Individual Flowchart
- Phone Enrollment: 844.842.5891: Please refer to the Phone Enrollment-Individual Flowchart
Information needed: Individual’s name, last four digits of individual’s Social Security number, valid e-mail address for the individual.
Clarification: Please note that individuals who only receive DDD-funded services from a Qualified Provider Agency (and not from a “self-hire”) do not need to complete online or phone enrollment. In this case, only the Qualified Provider Agency needs to enroll, as the service recipients’ information has already been transmitted to Public Partnerships.
Public Partnerships Enrollment for Qualified Provider Agencies
- Agency enrollment consists of submitting the Agency W-9 Form (required) and the Agency Payment Information Form (optional) to Public Partnerships via fax or e-mail. Forms are available at Public Partnerships-DDD, under the Qualified Providers tab.
- Qualified Provider Agency payments will transition from Easter Seals to Public Partnerships effective July 1.
- Easter Seals will continue to make Qualified Provider Agency payments for all DDD-funded services rendered through June 30, 2017.
- Qualified Provider Agencies that have not yet enrolled should do so immediately to ensure billing through Public Partnerships can begin July 1.
Participants experiencing issues that are preventing them from enrolling should contact the Division’s Fee-for-Service Help Desk: DDD.FeeForService@dhs.state.nj.us. Complaints about unreasonable wait times or unprofessional customer service when attempting to contact Public Partnerships should also be forwarded to the Fee-for-Service Help Desk.