Modified Public Partnerships Enrollment Process for Individuals/Families Participating in the Self-Directed Employee Option
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is aware of the issues that individuals/families who participate in the Division’s Self-Directed Employee Option and their employees have encountered when attempting to enroll with the new Fiscal Intermediary, Public Partnerships.
To ensure that these issues do not cause a disruption in services, Public Partnerships has modified the enrollment process for Self-Directed Employee (SDE) Option participants and their employees.
- Public Partnerships will be assigning an Enrollment Specialist to each SDE Option participant who is not yet fully enrolled. Public Partnerships Enrollment Specialists will contact participants to schedule an Enrollment Appointment. During the Enrollment Appointment the Enrollment Specialist will guide the SDE Option participant and his/her employee/s through to enrollment completion.
- Once an SDE Option participant and his/her employees have been fully enrolled, the SDE participant will receive a Welcome Packet with SDE Timesheets by mail or email from Public Partnerships. Until SDE participants receive a Welcome Packet with Timesheets from Public Partnerships, SDE participants should continue to submit timesheets to Easter Seals as they have been.
- SDE Option participants do not need to take any action at this time until they are contacted by Public Partnerships.
Clarification Regarding Individuals/Families Dually Enrolled in PPP and the DDD Self-Directed Employee Option
- Please note that a 90-day enrollment extension was granted for individuals dually enrolled in both PPP (Personal Preference Program, administered by the Division of Disability Services) and the DDD Self-Directed Employee Option, to give the Division time to review the PPP/DDD dual enrollment EIN issue.
- PPP/DDD dually enrolled participants who requested to not use the 90-day extension should continue to submit timesheets to Easter Seals until they receive a Welcome Packet with SDE Timesheets from Public Partnerships.
Clarification Regarding Individuals who Access DDD-Funded Self-Directed Services from a Qualified Provider
- Individuals who receive DDD-funded services/classes/programs from a Qualified Provider DO NOT need to enroll with Public Partnerships. Only the Qualified Provider needs to enroll.
- Individuals who receive DDD-funded services/classes/programs from a Qualified Provider and who also participate in the DDD Self-Directed Employee Option only need to enroll with Public Partnerships as the employer of record for the Self-Directed Employee Option services.