Residential Support Specialists Needed!
Residential Support Specialists: Advancing Opportunities has immediate full- and part-time openings for Residential Support Specialists to provide care to men and women with disabilities who are living in group homes and supported apartment settings. This rewarding role includes teaching and/or assisting with personal care and daily-living activities; accompanying residents on recreational pursuits, medical appointments, or shopping; and helping integrate the residents into their communities.
Experience in residential care is preferred. Paid training is available, including: CPR and First Aid, Preventing Abuse and Neglect, Medication Training, and Overview of the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED; a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is preferred; a valid NJ driver’s license is must. Work or life experience teaching or helping others is a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Work assigned shifts and attend mandatory training courses
- Teach skills to individuals in accordance with the methods and use the materials outlined in their Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP)
- Complete logs, charts, medication sheets, incident reports, seizure records, and other assigned paperwork
- Drive and accompany consumers to appointments, recreation/leisure activities, or other destinations as assigned, with strict adherence to motor vehicle laws
- Carry out prescribed health care programs, including the administration of medication
- Implement behavioral programs in accordance with individualized behavior plans
- Interact with program consumers in an age-appropriate, respectful, and safe manner at all times
- Meet individuals’ personal needs in a manner that ensures privacy and dignity
- Maintain confidentiality of individuals’ information and records
- Comply with applicable Advancing Opportunities and NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) policies and procedures, and DDD licensing requirements.
These positions are available in various locations throughout New Jersey. Weekend and overnight shifts are available.
Advancing Opportunities, Inc. offers employees:
- Paid Training
- Generous Benefits, including 401 (k) retirement plan
- Room for advancement
Interested candidates should forward a résumé to: email@example.com, or fax it to 609-882-4022.
Advancing Opportunities, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit advopps.org.