Direct-Support Professionals (Full-Time)
Advancing Opportunities has immediate openings for full-time Direct Support Professionals in residential care programs all around the state. We also have openings for part-time staff. Candidates will be providing direct care to men and women with disabilities in residential support programs and group home settings. This entails includes supervision and/or assistance with personal care, daily-living activities, recreational pursuits, transportation, medical appointments, or any other needs the individuals may have.
For the month of July, we are holding an open house on each of the following days, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., as follows:
- Tuesday, June 29. Monmouth County Library—Eastern Branch, 1001 NJ Rte. 35, Shrewsbury, NJ (Monmouth County)
- Wednesday, July 12. Advancing Opportunities Budd Lake office, 98 US Hwy. 46 W., Office 2, Budd Lake, NJ (Morris County)
- Thursday, July 20. Shrewsbury Public Library, 1001 NJ Rte. 35, Shrewsbury, NJ (Monmouth County)
- Wednesday, July 26. Family Resource Network, 322 U.S. Hwy. 46 W., Ste. 290, Parsippany, NJ (Morris County)
If you are unable to make any of these events, please submit your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 609-882-4022.
Experience in residential care is a must with certifications in DDD required training, including CPR and First Aid, Preventing Abuse and Neglect, Medication training, and Overview of DDD.
Paid instruction for additional requirements will be provided. Weekend and overnight availability are a must. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid drivers license; a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Work assigned shifts and attend mandatory training courses
- Teach skills to individuals in accordance with the methods and use the materials outlined in their Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP)
- Complete logs, charts, medication sheets, incident reports, seizure records, and other assigned paperwork
- Drive and accompany consumers to appointments, recreation/leisure activities, or other destinations as assigned, with strict adherence to motor vehicle laws
- Carry out prescribed health care programs, including the administration of medication
- Implement behavioral programs in accordance with individualized behavior plans
- Interact with program consumers in an age-appropriate, respectful, and safe manner at all times
- Meet individuals’ personal needs in a manner that ensures privacy and dignity
- Maintain confidentiality of individuals’ information and records
- Comply with applicable Advancing Opportunities and NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) policies and procedures, and DDD licensing requirements.
- Provide assistance on disability issues of importance for other Advancing Opportunities Departments or staff
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned by immediate supervisor, Executive Director.
This position is based at various locations in New Jersey. The Residential Support Leader must be willing to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Expectations for All Employees of Advancing Opportunities
Advancing Opportunities employees are expected to maintain a good working relationship with individuals served, contract agencies, third-party players, other social service provider personnel, families, Advancing Opportunities staff, and other stakeholders. In addition, Advancing Opportunities staff members are expected to exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills, function as liaisons to other Advancing Opportunities agency programs, and represent the Advancing Opportunities in a professional manner.
Interested candidates should forward a résumé to: email@example.com or fax it to 609-882-4022.
Advancing Opportunities, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org