Advancing Opportunities is dedicated to building a more diverse workforce by helping people with disabilities obtain and maintain employment. We serve individuals with all types of disabilities who want to work. Our Employment Specialists take a person-centered approach and will make every effort to create the best possible job match based on an individual’s interests and abilities. Services include:
- Preplacement—Résumé building, networking, job development, interview skills
- Intensive coaching—On-site training, off-site supports, management relations
- Long-term follow along—Ongoing general support, training on new tasks, employer relations
- Other—Vocational evaluations, transition support, transportation training.
Potential funding sources include:
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS)
- Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVI)
- Private Pay—Individuals or families who are not eligible for other funding sources, and are financially able to, may pay for services out of pocket
Advancing Opportunities has maintained CARF Accreditation for the following vocational services since 2000:
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job Supports
- Employment Services: Community Employment Services: Job-Site Training
For more information about Advancing Opportunities’ Employment Services, please call 888-322-1918, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.